Apply now for our divisional recruitment event, at which you’ll have the opportunity to meet our passionate and welcoming staff and talk to them about working in division B at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS).
ABOUT OUR TEAMS
Emergency medicine - including both the acute medical unit and emergency department (ED)
- The acute medical unit - a 54 bedded unit with a number of different areas, including the same day emergency care unit.
- The emergency department - providing high-quality care to patients in a fast-paced environment. The ED is a major trauma centre and has recently opened a purpose-built children’s ED.
Medicine - across gastroenterology, respiratory and medicine for older people
- Gastroenterology - caring for a wide variety of patients with links to the newly refurbished endoscopy unit. Our teams offer a range of education programmes to ensure staff are well equipped to provide the best quality care.
- Respiratory - comprised of acute respiratory wards and a high dependency unit. We offer a comprehensive respiratory education programme running three times a year. You would work closely with a multi-disciplinary team utilising a collaborative approach to work.
- Medicine for older people - comprised of six wards: four acute wards, a transition ward and an enhanced care dementia unit. You would be well supported by a strong leadership team.
Ophthalmology - a tertiary referral centre with an average of 24,000 eye casualty attendances a year.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for band 5 nurses to join our teams who are passionate about putting patients first to provide the best quality care. Across all of our teams, you would be working in a supportive and inclusive environment to develop your skills.
We will also consider flexible working patterns and rotational programmes to suit your needs.
The recruitment evening will be taking place on Wednesday, 5 June from 5 to 7pm in Heartbeat Education Centre, North Wing F Level, Southampton General Hospital.
So if you're interested in advancing your nursing career in one of our exciting and innovative departments, apply to attend this event here.